ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Obtained in 2018.
- This certification confirms the General Foundation of the University of Málaga’s good practices and recognises the maturity and efficacy of its quality management system whilst at the same time confirming its commitment to continuous improvement.
- It recognises the effort and dedication of the General Foundation of the University of Málaga’s entire team in offering an effective response to its users’ needs and reaffirming its steadfast commitment to excellence in providing its services.
ISO 14001:2015 Certification
- Obtained in 2009.
- The objectives of our environmental policy are the identification and greater and better control of the most important environmental aspects of our activity and their associated impacts in order to reduce them and pursue improvement in a coherent; effective; and, above all, sustainable manner in order to offer society greater respect for the environment.
Both certifications were granted by Bureau Veritas Certification.
Quality and environment
The General Foundation of the University of Málaga establishes and documents this Corporate Quality and Environment Policy as a model for the management of its activities. The guidelines and general objectives that guide the organization in regard to Quality and Environment and are expressed in its Quality and Environment Policy are the following:
- Provide all the necessary human and material resources for providing service in accordance with the requirements of students and the university community in general.
- Compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements as well as any other requirements it assumes.
- FGUMA management’s commitment to protecting the environment, in addition to complying with environmental legislation and regulations, is centred on the continuous improvement of environmental performance whilst simultaneously promoting the recovery, reuse, and recycling as well as a general decrease in waste.
- Ensuring client satisfaction by working properly and efficiently, meeting the established deadlines. The method for ensuring quality is, thus, planning and preventing instead of inspecting and correcting.
- FGUMA supports and encourages education, training, and skills building for all its personnel.
Based on the General Foundation of the University of Málaga’s Quality and Environment Policy, the following general aims are established:
- Make Quality a basic element in the company’s culture.
- Increase the competence and awareness of its personnel.
- Work on the continuous improvement of the services provided by the FGUMA as well as the management of its actions pursuant to environmental and pollution prevention criteria.
- Plan and execute its actions in an orderly, rational manner that avoids errors, thus decreasing the impact on its surroundings.
- Improve the management of waste generated, taking appropriate measures to reduce, reuse, and recycle waste, assuring the proper disposal of what cannot be reused.
- Reduce the use of natural resources through the use of recycled and/or recyclable products and promote energy efficiency.
Ana Belén Pacheco Mora
Tel.: (+34) 951 952 642