The objective of this process is to establish the specific rules that govern the operation and management of the translation and interpreting service.
Professionals and assignment of orders
Each request will be assigned to the professional that best fits its requirements, following the order of precedence resulting from the assessment of those who put forward their candidature in each call for professionals published on the FGUMA website. The specific professional profiles for each job type are the following:
- Proofreaders, revisers, project managers, and team coordinators
- Sworn translators
- SSL interpreters
Receipt and processing of requests
The FGUMA will publish all information regarding the translation and interpreting service on its website. In addition to a brief summary of each of the services, there will be a form for sending requests that is linked to the email@example.com email account
Once a request has been received, the procedure to follow will be:
- Sending of an automatic acknowledgement of receipt to the person/entity that made the request, informing them that the information has been received correctly.
- Verification of the documents received by the translation and interpreting service.
- Creation of an initial estimate and sending of the service proposal to the requestor.
- In the event of acceptance*, assignment of the service to the appropriate professional profile for the request and summons according to the rules of the call for professionals**.
- The translation and interpreting service will confirm the deadline for document delivery or provision of the service, in the case of foreign language or Spanish Sign Language interpreting, with the requestor/entity.
- Invoicing of each service, pursuant to the corresponding tax legislation.
* Cancellation of a service for which an estimate has been given and accepted may give rise to penalties, which will be determined on a case-by-case basis according to the cost it has incurred to FGUMA and/or the underlying civil liability inherent to each order.
** Summons will be made via telephone in order to verify the candidate’s immediate availability. Final confirmation of both the service or of a lack of availability, if applicable, will be made in writing.
Execution and delivery deadlines
The following conditions are essential for the processing of each request:
- Written acceptance of the estimate.
- Payment of 50% of the total amount of the service prior to beginning the translation or interpreting.
- In the case of interpreting, the requestor must provide information at least 15 days in advance.
- Approximate delivery deadlines* for each service are:
Proofreading: 10 business days; 7 business days for urgent requests.
Translation: 20 business days; 7 business days for urgent requests.
Sworn translation: 15 business days; 7 business days for urgent requests.
Interpreting: depending on the specifics of each request.
* Said deadlines are subject to the length and characteristics of the text.
The process will begin the day after receiving proof of payment of 50% of the total, of the entirety of the request, or the corresponding funds reservation.
The submitted documentation will be saved for a period of no more than 5 years.
All the translation services we offer (except sworn translation) will be revised by another professional before final delivery to the requestor, thus guaranteeing the suitability of specialised texts and the textual coherence of any type of document.
In the event of nonconformity with the service provided, the requestor may ask the Translation and Interpreting Service for a second review of the translated text, provided that it is requested within a period of no more than 15 days.